How the Gibson family regularly uses music in their home for learning, as well as poppin'-and-lockin'.
Real articles that prove that this is not some wives-tale crap.
5 things music can do for your kid that you want it to do!
Music seems to be a universal thing. Cultures from all across the world have created music in one form or fashion so there seems to be some level of need. Today we talk science to discuss how this idea is not a load of classical crap, but physiological in nature.
The article shows that music, memory, and emotions all create brain activity in the same part of the brain! So when music is used, it can have a feedback connection that will link the memory with the music. Soooo flippin' cool.
So what are 5 things music can do for us as parents:
- Relax and lower stress levels of our kiddos.
- Lower metabolism and heart rate to help learn.
- Pull kids out of tired states.
- Stimulate the brain to solve complex problems.
- Help kids remember values like "don't bite your friends!"
Subscribe to The Family Podcast Network: