Both what to do with kids and disasters if directly affected (e.g. Hurricane Sandy).
What do those not affected by Sandy absolutely NEED to learn from those affected.
7 things that your kid will likely need from you if you are dealing with a natural disaster.
What are the 6 survival needs that a person needs to address and be ready with?
In the advent of Hurricane Sandy, we have seen some incredibly destructive forces that have wreaked havoc on the United States east coast. It brings to mind that no matter how secure we may feel in this moment, we are not assured that tough things will not happen to us.
So when things go bad, what do we need to do for our kids. How do we respond so that they can accept the current situation without loosing it.
- Let your kids know that it is going to be okay.
- Be ready to comfort more than you ever have.
- Do not meltdown. It's okay to be sad and cry, but don't blow.
- Establish routines ASAP.
- Teach them to notice the helpers around them.
- Help your fellow man.
- Do not lose your principle when things get tough.
- Sanitation and Health